The Best Open House Scents for All Seasons
It is no secret that an open house is key to a successful real estate sale. While there are many different aspects that go into a successful open house one thing that always attracts buyers are scents. Unfortunately, scents aren’t always a good thing, so you want to be sure that there aren’t any less than favorable scents within the house, this includes the garage, shoe closets, laundry rooms, etc. While you may have a favorite scent, it is important to try and match the scent with the season for maximum effect, as matching the scent with the season trigger’s the olfactory bulb of the brain thus creates specific thoughts and feelings.
Related: 4 Things to Feature When Selling a Miami Condo
- Orange Citrus – the crisp and zesty scent of citrus helps brighten the pallet and makes rooms feel crisp and clean, the citrus helps brighten rooms and sets the tone for warmer summer months ahead filled with sunshine.
- Sugar Cookie – the scent of sugar cookies is perfect for open houses during the Spring. Coming out of the Holiday season, the subtle sweetness of sugar cookies is the perfect scent to remember the holidays but also welcome the warmer spring months.
- Fresh Linens – The clean scent of linens brightens rooms and allows buyers to feel as if the home is light, airy and clean.
- Seabreeze – While this scent is desirable in any climate or location, using the fresh scent of Seabreeze within coastal cities is an added bonus. Especially for homes that aren’t directly on the coast, but rather a few blocks off the coast as it brings the crisp ocean air a little closer to home.
Related: The Four Types of Real Estate
- Spiced Apple Cider – Nothing says fall more that cinnamon and apples. Whether you use an apple pie scent, or fresh apple cider, make sure that the scent isn’t too sweet and has notes of both apple’s and cinnamon for the perfect spiced/sweet balance.
- Pumpkin Spice – Another classic fall scent, as with spiced apple cider, you want to ensure that the sweetness of the pumpkin isn’t overpowering and ensure that notes of cinnamon and spice are also highlighted.
- Vanilla Peppermint – Peppermint is a scent that can easily become overpowering, thus, mixing it with sweet notes of vanilla creates a perfect pairing.
- Gingerbread – In addition to the warm notes of gingerbread, you can even add a beautifully decorated gingerbread house to the kitchen counter to play on the Holiday scent.
If you’re currently searching for a new home in the Miami area, are in need of a qualified seller’s agent, or have any general questions regarding the real estate within Miami, please feel free to contact my office at any time.
Post a Comment